Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christian Dream Interpretation - Part 2

"For God may speak in one way or in another, yet man does not perceive it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, while slumbering on their beds, then He opens the ears of men, and seals their instruction."
                                                                   Job 33:14-16


 

Let's continue with more dream interpretation. If you are new to this blog, please go back and look at previous entries. The information contained here is different from secular dream interpretation. Again, we are talking about how to know if God is communicating with you in your dreams. It is my contention that He does and will. With that said, let's look at another dream I had a few months ago.

I dreamed that my husband and I walked into a shopping mall. It looked very odd inside. There was only a little light shining. Many of the stores were closed and had signs on them that said, "Closed due to No Power."  Some stores were open, but they didn't have much light either. A few did. We walked around wondering what to do. We couldn't get what we came for with these circumstances. We started walking toward the food court. There was some light shining down there and a few people were sitting around eating. Then I woke up and started laughing at this one.

Another rule of Christian dream interpretation is to see how the symbolism may fit into your current life situation. In looking at the dream above, would it help you to know that we had been "shopping" for a church for a long time and couldn't find anything near us that was a good fit? Knowing that, you can see that the stores inside the mall represents churches in our area. While in reality, those churches don't have signs on the doors that say, "Closed due to No Power" - they might as well. I'm not naming names. But, we have all seen or been in such churches. Sadly, we seem to have more than normal in our area. The bright spot of the dream was that there were a few people eating at the food court. In other words, food was still available to eat. It helps to know how to feed yourself anyway, and not only depend on someone else to feed you spiritually. Praise God, He has now lead us to a good church. It is a 40 minute drive one way. That's better than 1 hour we have driven before. Some things are worth driving for. A really good church is one of them.

Speaking of eating, here is another dream that involves food. This one was about 1 year ago. I dreamed I was very busy at work. It was late in the day and I needed to leave because I had company coming for dinner. I needed to get home and cook. But, someone kept piling work up on my desk. I was getting very frustrated. I was finally able to leave and rushed home to start dinner. Much to my horror, my guest was already there. In the dream, I obviously knew who he was, but didn't recognize him in my real life (to begin with.) I was running around the kitchen trying to get everything ready as quickly as I could. I put a roast in  the oven. Later, I pulled it out and it was burned and smoking. I started crying. I was embarrassed and nothing was going right. I turned around in the kitchen to see my "Guest" with a big smile on His face. He was holding a beautiful silver platter loaded with gorgeous fruit and cheese and crackers. He said, "Let's eat!". Then I woke up.

When I told my mother about this dream, she said it reminded her of the Bible story about Mary and Martha, when Jesus came to visit. She was definitely on the right track. This is how the Lord can speak to you in your dreams. He made it very plain to me that, like Martha, I was very busy with "good works" and the daily business of life. In the process, I was not taking advantage of just having good fellowship with Jesus. He will feed us if we will take time to spend with Him. He brought Revelation 3:20 to mind. This verse is not actually about salvation, although it is often used that way. It was written to believers. Jesus said, Behold, I stand at the door and knock. Whoever hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him and he with Me. That is exactly what this dream was about.

How good is God to show me that? He used this dream to get me back on track. This is the kind of thing He will do for you, too. Ask Him to speak to you at night and then expect Him to. Have faith. I hope you are encouraged and looking forward to sleeping tonight. Until next time....

Sweet dreams,
Melody Jemison

No comments:

Post a Comment